“The secret to making a man know you need him: of course you can open a bottle of wine by yourself. But let him do it. That’s equality, too.”
So, I don’t think it comes as a surprise to anyone, but your girl travels a lot. I’ve spent much of my young-adult life exploring new countries, self-educating on the different cultures of the world, and earning my global citizenship one European city at a time.
2017 has been the year of exploring America – going places I had or hadn’t been to before and sharing experiences with new, happy people in my life.
I go on a lot of weekend trips, whether it’s a wedding in north Texas, a brunch date in Washington, or a classic, Bachelorette style, hometown date.
I’ve gotten really good at this packing in a carry-on thing, and before my era of free flights is stripped from my entitled, little hands, I wanted to share how I do it and what joins me on my adventures.
Depending on where you live, you might have a favorite quick escape – mine are usually to Washington or wherever my man is.
- 1 pair of boots (my OTK are my favorite, but I’m a sucker for leather ankle booties)
- 1 pair of jeans
- 2 t-shirts
- 1 pair of comfy, leggings (for cuddling, overeating, or vigorous snow fights)
- 2 blouses
- 1 cashmere sweater
- 1 vest (the more monograms, the better)
- 1 winter coat
- 1 woolly hat (Anthro is my go to because they’re always sparkly and cute!)
- 1 scarf (my Marc Jacobs one doubles as a blanket)
- Undergarments (cue the warm, fuzzy socks)
Obviously this list has room for some give-or-take, but it’s always my standard starting list. It can all fit into a duffel bag, but of course, if you’re anything like me then you’ll need a carry-on with room for extras!
So, pack it up and leave! And if you need a reason to get away, Florida is always warm and you won’t need the winter coat!